29.2.08

Trust and Commitment

I found this great verse in my inbox this morning...

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:5-6

It has been the best of my experience that when I ask our awesome Lord to guide my footsteps, my choices, my life, I am ALWAYS led to a path that is good for me. A path that not only is good for my life but importantly- it brings out the best in me. And when He lives in me, I certainly want the best to be manifest in me!

We all have a fair idea of who we are (when we're not beating ourselves up unnecessarily) and where we want to be, what our lives should be like. Some years back I found myself in a situation where I didnt have the financial means to get out. I felt frustrated, I felt broken. But somewhere in all that turmoil, I knew that something great was waiting for me on the other side. That there was another side! That is faith. It took many years of hoping and praying and working to move out and beyond this situation.

Trust in Him. Dont each of us have someone in our lives we trust no end- sometimes this person may not have our best interests at heart. Have you ever had the experience of trusting someone so much that you ended up betrayed and hurt? Why? "...greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world" 1 John 4:4. We're willing to walk in someone else's way rather than to turn to the Lord who lives in us- the LIVING God. We're willing to pick up the phone and call someone else before we can even think of calling on God. Why? Is it 'cos we want to 'hear' someone else's voice telling us what to do? Don't we believe that He hears us? Dont we believe that He will help us? Try this for a week- everytime you're faced with a choice/ difficult situation/ person- for a few seconds close your eyes, turn your attention to the Lord, ask Him to take care of the situation- you will find your way ahead. And dont just keep asking for favours- PRAISE AND THANK THE LORD WHO LOVES YOU!!!

Our God is an awesome God. Wherever you may be today, at this moment, believe that God loves you, and he knows what you're going through. If you're stuck it's not b'cos He likes watching you suffer- He simply cant move you if you dont want to be moved -by HIM!!!!

Trust in Him. Commit to Him. And watch your life transforming. Just reach out and have a great weekend ahead!

No comments: