7.3.08

God is the strength...

..of my heart!

I'm sorry I've been away from this space for so long. I feel awful about not being able to post here everyday. I've received some great passages that I will share tomorrow. It is unbelievable how the Lord's word is always what I need to get through a complex situation. I make it a point to read the Bible every day. I say a little personal prayer before I get started. I open randomly and often right before my eyes is the very thing I needed to know.

I've had a a couple of difficult days last week. But today was a trial of sorts. I encoutered a situation that usually causes me intense fear and panic. But today I breezed through, not just like that, but with a big smile in my face, and happiness in my heart!!!!!!!!! For a while now I have been doing something many of you do, and something I often forget in a difficult moment- ask the Lord to walk with you. He is only too happy to oblige!!!!! I have also been visiting the Blessed Sacrament Chapel at our church as often as I can. I do this not with the sole purpose of asking, but to thank God for all the opportunities that are coming to us, for the thousands of blessings we receive from Him each day! The last part of my prayer includes placing all my decisions/ choices/ concerns in His most Sacred Heart. Needless to say, Im filled with much peace and able to carry on doing my work without 'worrying' about anything.

We will soon be travelling abroad to a country we are keen to settle down in. We are making this choice for two reasons- most importantly to create a better quality of life for us and our kids (when we have them) and secondly, to seek work opportunities that allow us to explore and use the talents He has given us without resorting to making choices based solely on monetary considerations.

Speaking of which, with His blessing I now have two new work projects on hand!!!! As I went through my client meetings yesterday I asked the Holy Spirit to bless me with His presence and to help me get through the task with enthusiasm and focus. I came away excited at how much my attitude and feelings towards work have changed for the better! God is good all the time!!!!!

Please dont be under the impression that once you start praying or making a comeback to the Lord that life will be all rosy. No. That's not how it works. What works is when you sincerely tell God- I cant do this by myself, but You O mighty God, You will make all things new, You will make a way for me!!!!!! When I trust God implicitly without worrying about controlling everything, I find Im able to make smarter, appropriate decisions.

Look to Him for everything, He will be there for you!

No comments: