27.2.08

Much needed!

We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.1 John 4:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

For as long as I can remember, whenever I need guidance, comfort, direction, focus, a situation or decision Im facing, my mum always tells me to pray to the Holy Spirit. There are special prayers to the Holy Spirit, but I always find it easier to 'speak' to the Holy Spirit.

These last few months have been quite something. Decisions had to be made, change was on the horizon, new plans, new focus, uncertainty all around- and I did little to pay heed to my mother's advice. Sure I was praying but I wasnt 'letting go, and I sure wasnt letting God.

Ever since we attended the Lenten Missions a couple of weeks ago, my attention has been drawn to the Holy Spirit and His working in my life, in our lives. Since, every morning as I wake up I find myself humming a hymn to the Holy Spirit. If Im not humming, I find myself automatically addressing the Holy Spirit to guide me through my day, to guide my thoughts and to help me with all the choices I have to make every day. I ask the Lord Jesus to be with me and to bless all the activities that will fill my day. Needless to say, I have been experincing tremendous peace to the point of being manic! I am feeling positive, I am feeling light- like a huge weight has lifted off me, and most importantly everything I set out to do, is working well.

Everyday I remember that "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:19-21"

I received the two passages in my inbox in the last couple of days & I knew it was no coincidence. I know that the Holy Spirit is working to bring me up to what God has planned for me. And I know that I am in good hands- GOD'S HANDS!!!!

Try surrendering your life to the Holy Spirit and He will bring you all the graces you need!

No comments: